Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Services
- A Best Practice Model for Health Promotion Programs in Aboriginal Communities (PDF 458KB)
- Western Australian Aboriginal Child Health Survey (external site)
- WA Primary Health Care Strategy Action Plan (PDF)
- National Strategic Framework for ATSI Health 2003-2013 (PDF)
Directory of Aboriginal Health Services
- Aboriginal Health Council of Western Australia (external site)
AHCWA is the peak body for 19 Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHSs) (also known as Aboriginal Medical Services) in WA.
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfo Net (external site)
Provides quality information and resources on a wide range of issues associated with Indigenous health including diabetes.
- Don’t Ignore Diabetes – Aboriginal People and Diabetes (external site)
This Diabetes WA site provides information on the effects of diabetes in Aboriginal populations and provides a message of hope that diabetes can be prevented.
- Office of Aboriginal Health of Western Australia
The Office of Aboriginal Health works in partnership with Aboriginal communities and health service providers to ensure that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) people receive culturally appropriate health care that meets their needs.
- Yarning About Diabetes Factsheet (PDF 84KB)
A fact sheet targeted at Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people providing information on eating healthy, staying active and detecting the signs of diabetes.
File FormatsSome documents for download on this website are in a Portable Document Format (PDF). To read these files you might need to download Adobe® Acrobat Reader.